Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rat tails lead to hilarity


Rat tails lead to hilarity

Journal Entry: Wed Oct 24, 2012, 10:09 AM
I had a conversation yesterday, with :iconrazzigyrl: that I found highly amusing, I hope you do too.

I love riffing like this with Courtney, she's got a quick wit that don't quit.

So, the chat started after I saw this picture.

I commented on the pic, then posted it to facebook, where I added the comment again, with one additional line for my fb friends.:D

Here is that comment, followed by the chat with :iconrazzigyrl:

When I was a kid they used to call these long hats 'Rat Tails'.
We used them like whips to hit each other with in the playground.
I can still vividly recall the snap and sting of a wet rat-tail...and yet, these days, there are schools banning all BALLS because one person got hit in the face with an inflatable rubber ball.
We used to call these balls 'dodge-balls'. The teachers ENCOURAGED us to throw them at each other.
I am suddenly feeling very old...
...get offa my lawn, you whippersnappers.

Courtney - Dang kids and their music.

Me - Pull your dang trousers up, yer drawers are hanging out.

Courtney - Disrespectful hooligans.

Me - Buncha Hong-Laired Frikky-Heaps.

Courtney - In my day, we didn't need these cell-phones, we just yelled until somebody answered.

Me - I was born in black and white.

Courtney - Uphill both ways?

Me - ...without any of them new-fangled iShoes.

Courtney -  iPhone, YouTube, Wii Play... The heck d'ya mean you 'tube'?

Me - I phone, you tube, we all play for iScream.

Courtney -  Dang kids and their music...

Me - I get the strangest feeling I've felt this deja-vu before....probably nothing all over again.

Courtney -  Under where?

Me - What is the response to the question "What are you eating under there" Alex?

Fin

If this chat does NOT make any sense whatsoever to you...you're welcome.:giggle:

Have a nice day, avoid whipping your balls with a rat tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment