Saturday, October 6, 2012

Rumours of my Death


http://keswickpinhead.deviantart.com/journal/Rumours-of-my-Death-330972412


Journal Entry: Sat Oct 6, 2012, 10:44 AM

Just got back from Food Basics, the local grocery store.
A neighbour informed me that there was a nasty rumour going around about me.

Apparently this neighbour (who is one of the GOOD ones) was told that I had committed suicide.
Someone out there in Keswick has been saying that I hanged myself last week....charming.

Who knows? Perhaps this rumour-peddler heard that I was well-hung and got confused.

So I told my neighbour to tell the gossip "That's preposterous, why would he hang himself after being voted Prime Minister of the Moon?".

It's about as likely as what was being stated as fact.

To those involved in this recent tittle-tattle: I'm afraid you're not going to get rid of me that easily.

Much to the disappointment of some curtain-twitching gossip-mongers, the rumours of my death have been wildly exaggerated. 

Have a nice day... "I don't live today" - Jimi Hendrix

Keswick Gossip Dog WhistleSo it seems that some of the people belonging to the group Keswick Crime Watch on Facebook are intolerant.
Shocking, really.

People making dog-whistle insinuations in the form of a question.

People who should definitely NOT be making opinions based upon appearances making judgement calls about the "Deviant" part of the name DeviantArt.com, and about the "creepy" eyes in my fb ID, that are actually sunflowers...ooh...creepy.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1451194552169&set=a.1510487074445.2072038.1002395662&type=1&theater

People using imagery of violence and weapons when describing defending myself against attack.

People suggest
Keswick ObservationsI never noticed it before...

It was only AFTER I read a number of tweets on the highly entertaining Twitter hashtag list, #KESWICKPROBLEMS, that I became aware of two phenomena that happen on a daily basis at this time of the year.

Many people tweeted about being woken up by, or just hearing, the sounds of rifle-fire in the morning.
Early-morning Duck-Hunters can be heard, trying to bag themselves some waterfowl.

It's one of those 'can't be unheard' things for this Scarborough-born city-dweller.
Now that I know the sound is there, I can't help but hear it, but there is another occurrence that follows the 'pop pop popping' of the hunters.

No comments:

Post a Comment